Friday, August 6, 2010

Why I'm blogging

I just saw a friend's blog and thought that this would be easier to do than write a novel, which is one of my lofty (and likely unattainable) goals. Any novel that I write would be too close to an autobiography, anyway, since I have very little imagination (I think). So, a blog is a happy medium between doing nothing and writing a novel.
It's also manageable, since I can only write in brief spurts. This is because: (1) I am a stay-at-home mom with a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 3 month old; and (2) I have a short attention span. Some might call it multi-tasking, but I'm not fooled.
Why the title? Being a philosopher is my part-time, online profession. I have a PhD in philosophy and teach online courses in philosophy. Despite appearances, I probably won't give much of a philosophical perspective on motherhood, but who knows? I might do so more than I think. (Here's a tip to anyone who might think they know who I am: the husband is also a professional philosopher; he's gainfully employed as such...)
So, hopefully I can keep up on this. I started a blog months ago, and, honestly, I don't even know where it is. Better luck this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment