Sunday, February 13, 2011

The February Blues

At least once a day, I come across another symptom of the February blues. It's kind of a crazy, loss-of-perspective-and-good-common-sense, cabin fever.

Right now, for example, I am watching a silent film starring Cameron Diaz. As if she's not boring enough with the sound. I muted it (while grading) and just left it off. And don't really care. The whole situation is a symptom.

So is the fact that I watched it while eating a dinner of rice cakes and Wegman's lime flavored water. I'm still smarting from that Christmas comment. I've even challenged a certain mean queen to a 10 pound shred. Not that she needs it. But I do. David is still under the illusion that we can handle 4, even 5 (even 6!) kids. We can, but nothing else. So, I've got to get back into shape...

And I knew it was the blues when I spent some valuable free time on fb hunting down a creditor that had crossed (read "legitimately tried to collect a debt") from a loved one. Let me tell you, Darrell Charrington has crossed the wrong person. This loved one is going to sic a certain Parliamentary-minded British man(?) on poor Darrell.

I knew, too, when, in one sitting, I confirmed 23 friends on fb. That I let them pile up is a symptom (ok, so maybe it's not the February Blues. Maybe it's the Winter Blues. Or the All-Season Buffalo Blues).

And, I turned down a trip to New Orleans. I had good reasons, that I can't really remember, but I think that when I (really) emerge (not this dashing in and out, trying to stay warm) from the house in the spring (read: late June), I'll wonder what exactly I was thinking. It will all seem kind of hazy.

And, obviously, I don't pay any attention at all to this blog. I can barely write now. But, it's that or my Cameron Diaz flick.

As my reluctant follower, Emcy, said, I have the February Blues. She pronounced the first "r" which made me laugh so hard I forgot all about them blues.

2 comments:

  1. i hear ya. i don't even capitalize. or do just when i feel like it. it was 56 degrees today, but as Eeyore would probably say, "it's not here to stay." it did make me smile a lot though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh spring is springing, now that you accepted the NO task

    ReplyDelete